COMMUNITY HEALTH ASSESSMENT
Every 3 years the Fairfield County Health Department, along with dozens of community partners, from healthcare, mental health, social services, education, local government, grant funders, and more, conduct a Community Health Assessment (CHA).
We look at the data compiled in the CHA to identify trends and compare our health status to state and national rates. This data includes disease rates, leading causes of death, cancer rates, social and economic drivers of health status, information collected from interviews with community leaders, and the results of surveys that were sent to households across the county.
The CHA helps to identify community needs and allows us to direct resources toward those needs. After the CHA is completed, these public health system partner organizations use the findings to develop a Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP).
Fairfield County Health Data and past CHA and CHIP reports:
- • Online Community Health Assessment Dashboard
- • Monthly Communicable Disease Report
- • COVID-19 Dashboard
- • 2019 Fairfield County Community Health Assessment
- • 2022 Fairfield County Community Health Assessment
- • 2020-2022 Fairfield County Community Health Improvement Plan
- • Fairfield County Health Equity and Access to Care Report
More Data Sources:
- • Ohio Department of Health’s Data Warehouse
- • Mental Health America's County and State Data Map
- • County Health Rankings and Roadmaps
- • Ohio Cancer Report 2020